Any item has a service life, so does the peristaltic pump hose. Peristaltic pump, also known as hose pump, works by squeezing the hose, so the hose of the peristaltic pump needs to be replaced according to the loss. Everyone hopes that the longer the service life of the hose is, the better. How can we improve the service life of the peristaltic pump hose? Let’s explore together.
1. When the pump is not working, loosening the pressure block of the pressure tube can prolong the service life of the pump hose. The peristaltic pump realizes fluid transmission by repeatedly squeezing the hose with the pump head roller and producing suction force due to the natural rebound of the hose. To maintain the long life of the pump tube, when the pump is not in use, try to lift the pump head pressure block to keep the pump hose under natural non pressure, so as to extend the service life of the pump hose.
2. When selecting the model, the pump speed shall be reduced to less than 300 revolutions as far as possible on the premise of meeting the customer’s flow requirements. The flow of the peristaltic pump is generated by the rotation of the pump head roller. The faster the rotation, the shorter the service life of the pump hose. When you want to use the pump tube for a longer time, you can choose a relatively larger hose diameter to reduce the pump speed.
3. Special tubes for peristaltic pumps are used on pump heads, and ordinary tubes are used for other connecting hose. The extruded hose used in peristaltic pumps need good compression resilience and tear resistance, so the material purity of these pump hose is relatively high, and the wall thickness and shape accuracy are high, which will lead to higher prices of peristaltic pump hose. Therefore, special hose are used on the peristaltic pump to ensure the service life, and ordinary hose are used to connect the hose, making the whole system more economical and applicable.
4. The pump hose inlet shall be as short as possible, and the hose joint and diameter shall not be lower than the diameter of the hose clamp installed on the pump head. The suction force of the peristaltic pump is caused by the rebound of the pump hose. If the hose, especially the inlet hose, is too long or the diameter becomes smaller, the resistance at the suction end will be too large. If the resistance is too large, the rebound of the pump hose will be blocked, so the actual flow delivered will be greatly lost. Similarly, if the diameter of the outlet hose line becomes smaller or the hose line is too long, because the discharge pressure of the peristaltic pump is usually small, when the discharge resistance is too large, the output flow will be reduced.
5. When selecting the type of peristaltic pump, the theoretical flow shall be greater than the actual flow by more than 30%. The silicone hose of peristaltic pump is relatively soft, so the negative pressure and discharge pressure generated by it are small. If the liquid conveyed has a certain viscosity or the hose line has a certain length, the actual flow will be lost. In order to achieve the required flow, the theoretical flow will be slightly higher than the actual flow when selecting the type.
6. During the use of the pump, attention shall be paid to cleaning the sundries on the pump housing and pump tube. As the peristaltic pump is a relatively precise instrument, it mainly relies on the pump casing to maintain a high precision clearance, so as to efficiently squeeze the pump hose. If the liquid flows into the pump casing pressure wheel, pressure block and pump hose due to the damage of the pump hose, it will change the compression clearance of the pump head. Even a small change will cause excessive premature wear of the pump hose, which will seriously affect the pump head and cause damage to the pump head.
7. When using the peristaltic pump, regularly check the wear of the pump hose. Since the peristaltic pump hose is a vulnerable part, once it is damaged, it will cause liquid leakage. Therefore, it is necessary to timely check whether the surface of the pump hose has early abrasion to prevent the pump hose from being damaged.
8. When selecting the peristaltic pump, pay attention to whether the liquid to be conveyed will corrode the pump hose. Because the pump hoses are made of many materials and carry many kinds of liquids, no pump hose can withstand all liquids, so it is necessary to confirm the type of liquid, make a comparison through the chemical compatibility table or make sure that the pump hoses can be used through the immersion test. For those who do not understand, please refer to the relevant article “Tutorial on Selecting a Peristaltic Pump Hose”
9. The operating temperature range is also an important factor to consider. Different materials have different temperature performance. Some hoses, such as silicone rubber, have a wide temperature tolerance range and are suitable for both high and low temperature processes; Some tubes are only suitable for a small temperature range. Before selecting tubes, users should first make clear the high and low temperatures in the system to ensure that the selected pump tubes can work safely in this temperature range and improve their service life.